+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Betamax SL-2500 tape won't load or "suck" in

Default Betamax SL-2500 tape won't load or "suck" in

So, I have a SL-2500 that I was thinking about selling since I don't use it.
    When I went to demonstrate it, the tape "sucked" in, but it went "cock-eyed".
    I unplugged it and powered it back on and it ejected. Then I took the cover off and realized the little white drive gear sprocket was missing on the right side. I located it on the bottom of the unit, but had to do some minor disassembly to retrieve it. After retreiving it, and securing it, I went to stick a tape in, and it would not load or get "sucked" in. I have checked all the harnesses to make sure they are plugged in. Does anyone have experience as to why it won't load? What should I double check? I'm perplexed, but maybe it is coincidental that it stopped functioning as well, but I'm not sure what detects the tape, to engage the little motor to run, and pull it in.

Thanks.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, not sure why, but the tape will load, but my small white drive sprocket is split and came off again.
    I understand that Sony changed to metal ones.
    Does anyone know where I could possibly buy 2 of them, so I have one extra?

the exact same thing happened to me.. sl2400 super glued the wheel on and back together and wont engage loading.

+ Reply to Thread