+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to identify VCR

Default Trying to identify VCR

Hey guys,

Trying to identify the model of a VCR I remember having back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I imagine it's older than that, given that my family bought a lot of second hand stuff. Based on some of the features and layout, it looks like some of the Panasonics or Quasars on this site, but I couldn't find an exact match.

I'm about 99% sure it was a two-head, linear audio only, no hi-fi based on tapes I made off of it that I still have. NTSC for sure.

Attached are the only pictures I have of it -- of course they themselves come from an old VHS tape which makes it harder to identify . The bottom door seems to have been broken off of it at some point.

The features that stand out the most for me are on the far right of the VCR -- just to the right of the green Play button and blue Stop button is a push button system, which as I recall was for switching between channels 2 through 13. You'd hit those gray buttons and it would light the corresponding channel grid above it. Below that were what I can only think of to refer to as "tuning wheels". There were a series of them that allowed you to fine tune the signal for each of those channels as far as making sure you weren't getting bleed from a corresponding channel and such.

Any insight into what model this might be or where I might look would be amazing!

OldVCR2.jpgOldVCR3.jpg
    Last edited by nwa88; 05-28-2017 at 07:31 PM.

The tuning feature looked almost exactly like this, although obviously it's on the front of the VCR itself on the right, bottom side there instead of in this configuration.

Attachment 884

+ Reply to Thread